Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The road to un-Shur...

(Genesis 16:6–13)
     6 “...so Hagar fled from her. 7 The angel of the Lord found Hagar near a spring in the desert; it was the spring that is beside the road to Shur. 8 And he said, “Hagar, servant of Sarai, where have you come from, and where are you going?” “I’m running away from my mistress Sarai,” she answered. 9 Then the angel of the Lord told her, “Go back to your mistress and submit to her…” 13 She gave this name to the Lord who spoke to her: “You are the God who sees me,” for she said, “I have now seen the One who sees me.”

Things in Hagar's life got crazy and abusive and fouled up. So Hagar fled…but was found by the Lord…beside the road to Shur…

Shur = “wall” in the Hebrew language. So perhaps we could say she was found on the road to “un-Shur.”  Ever been there? 
You hit "the wall."  Sick. Frantic. Worn down. Worn out. Questions before you. Challenges around you.
Like Hagar, turn to “Elroi” – the God who sees.

(Psalm 139:8–10)
8 If I go up to the heavens, You are there; if I make my bed in the depths, You are there. 9If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, 10 even there Your hand will
guide me, Your right hand will hold me fast.


"Even there" His hand is reaching out to you and me.  Take hold of it...!


No comments:

Post a Comment