Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Random visitor...

A curious moment this morning as I stepped out to enjoy the crisp Fall-like temperature.
There was a small branch, a twig sitting on the patio-couch next to where I sit. It lay beside me as if my momentary companion. I picked it up (said hello) then tossed it aside. “Isn’t that something?” I thought, "It must've fallen from the tree justso and landed right here perfectly..."
Then I read this…

“I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. (John 15:5)

Talk about a prop dropped by Heaven right beside me so I could see it. I picked the branch back up and turned back towards the huge liveoak behind me. The Spirit said, “That’s me…you’re that twig. Understand?”

“Yes Lord, I understand.”

Said missionary writer Sarah Young, "Self-sufficiency is subtle, insinuating its way into your thoughts and actions without your realizing it. But 'apart from Him you can do nothing.'"       


If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through
Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.
”  (1 Peter 4:11)

How’s your in-all-things-ometer reading?  Are you depending on God "in all things?"

He must become greater; I must become less." (John 3:30–31)

No comments:

Post a Comment