Thursday, August 25, 2011

A (really) Small World!

Alright, you’re not going to believe this one...
I go across the street today to our local coffee/retail shop, and while I’m there these two ladies walk in.  One has a distinct British accent, and I’m thinking, man that sounds familiar.  So I motion to the shop-owner (who is a churchmember) to ask where the lady is from.   Ready…?

“Excuse me, ma’am…where are you from?”
           “Oh I’m from a little town in northern England…”

“Really, where?”             
           “Oh this little spot called Newcastle…”

At which point I almost fell over. I went running around the store aisle and said, “NEWCASTLE!?!  I WAS JUST THERE 2 WEEKS AGO!”  Then the British lady almost fell over.    “No really,” I said, “Here I’ve got pictures!”  And I began showing her pictures on my I-phone of our trip there.  She is in the States visiting her American friend, whose husbands used to work together in the oil drilling industry.  I gave her my business card and told her which church I had been working with.  What an absolutely crazy time we had, standing there in Texas, visiting about common themes a world away!

I don’t believe in coincidence, and have already prayed for this woman.  Would you do the same? God is at work, and much bigger than all of us.  I think He wanted to remind us of that…



No comments:

Post a Comment