Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tail feathers!


Have you ever seen a bald eagle? I did…about 4 inches from my head! While we were in England we visited a “working” castle, a real place where you could step back into medieval times. My daughter and I decided to watch the falconry display. You know, where have “small” birds fly high in the
air and land on their master’s arm?  Uhh, WRONG. (See picture). 

This huge bald eagle got let loose and off he went soaring high in the sky. But upon return, he decided that he’d buzz the control tower and swoop over the crowd. I’m telling you, if I hadn’t ducked he would’ve flown right into me! As I was falling backwards I snapped this up-close-and-personal
pic. 

I had always thought of eagles simply as majestic and graceful (which they are). Can I tell you from my close-encounter that they are also swift, powerful, and agile?! Gives me new perspective for Isaiah 40:31…

But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like
eagles
; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

So maybe God doesn’t just give us the ability to rise above our circumstances, but also to power through them...


No comments:

Post a Comment